My Blog List

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cold and Awkward

I was having some trouble coming up with an idea for a blog post, so I decided that I should tell you all a story about something awkward that happened me, which will also kick off the new "segment" of Just Your Daily Dose of Awkward. So here goes; enjoy!
Not too long ago, my family and I went on vacation in Florida. Of course, we stayed in a hotel with a pool because, come on, it's Florida. As soon as we got in, my sister and I threw on our bathing suits and asked our parents if we could go to the pool. My parents told us that we had to go out to get breakfast foods for the room, but that if we stayed at the pool, we could go while they went grocery shopping. So, we grabbed the room key and ran down to the pool.
After an hour or so of swimming, we were tired and decided to go back to our room. So we looked around the pool to grab some towels, but to our surprise none could be found... In hindsight, it probably would have been smart to check this before we got in the pool, but hindsight 20/20.... Because we didn't want to return to our room dripping wet, we decided to go to the front desk, which was only a few steps away, to get some towels.
Without much further thought, we ran out the door and towards the front desk. As soon as the door closed behind us, we realized that we had left our key inside the pool room, which left us locked out of both the pool and our room. Because we didn't have any options, we continued towards the front desk in search of now not only towels, but a key back into the pool.
We walked into the lobby and realized that getting the key wouldn't be as easy as we thought. Not only was there a huge line, but the door to outside was automatic and kept opening and closing, and all we had on was our bathing suits. We walked over to the end of the line and had to wait at least fifteen minutes in the freezing cold to get our towels and room key.
Not only was it awkward, but it was freezing too!
The End :)

Room Key

I wish this was the pool we were swimming in!!
Awkward Turtle :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god :) That's horrible! That's happened to my sister and I, where we were locked out of the pool, because we didn't have our room key, but nothing as horrible as that :) You and you're sister get in the funniest circumstances :) You should post more stories like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great "awkward moment" story, and it certainly had me giggling. I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I definitely know just how miserable you can get while soaking wet and waiting in the cold. I'm really enjoying this "Daily Dose of Awkward" so far, and I'd like to hear more of these stories. Not only are they relatable, but they are very funny. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete